This reference design uses the TPS53681 multiphase controller and CSD95490Q5MC smart power stages to implement a high-performance design suitable for powering the 0.85-V, 200-A, VCCINT rail of a Xilinx™ Ultrascale+™ FPGA. The secondary output of the controller can then be used to power an auxilliary rail of the FPGA. The smart power stages and integrated PMBus™ allow for easy output voltage setting and telemetry of key design parameters.
The design enables configuration, VID adjustment, and compensation adjustment of the power supply, while providing monitoring of input and output voltage, current, power, and temperature. TI's Fusion Digital Power™ Designer is used for programming, monitoring, validation, and characterization of the system.
- 6+0 design—targeting main FPGA core rail
- D-CAP+ modulator for superior current-sharing capabilities and transient response
- PMBus compatibility for output voltage setting and telemetry for VIN, VOUT, IOUT, and temperature
- Dual rail temperature monitoring for independent tracking of thermal performance
- Full compensation tuning through PMBus
- Peak efficiency of 92% for the VCCINT rail at the nominal 0.85 V output voltage